Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First posting....

So here we finally are at my first ever online blog! Over and over friends have been saying that I should start my own blog and get my ideas "out there" to expand my horizons and simply exercise my knowledge of film, movies, series and over all news surrounding the movie industry....

As the saying goes, "all good things come to those who wait". In this case I am not sure if I am referring to myself or them....either way - I wanted to get started focusing on my first movie to blog on.

The first movie that has the honor of being blogged by myself is:"An American Werewolf In London". Any cinephile or even if you are just a fan of movies should definitely be familiar with this satirical horror classic. Our poor fool David is the victim of a werewolf attack which "scars" him leaving him bedridden until the real torment begins. He is visited by his subconscious hallucinations which make for wonderful characterization.

The infamous "transformation scene" to this day is one of my absolute favorite scenes in a horror film. They don't bother cutting away for the intense and excruciating pain of our character's body morphing before our very eyes into....well, a werewolf.

This was made in 1981 mind you, long before the letters CGI were ever used to describe what we now all know automatically to stand for computer generated images. So you can only imagine the painstaking efforts the SFX and make up team had to endure to get it that good!!

There is a very symbolic dream sequence in the movie that still freaks me out!

For everyone whose seen this already, you know what I am talking about I am sure. For those of you who have not.....you are in for an effing ride!

Directed by John Landis, released in 1981 and starring David Naughton, Griffin Dunne and Jenny Agutter

Cine-a-meter rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Hmm I will have to put this on my must watch list.

    ReplyDelete